Images submitted in this competition must follow the following guidelines :
1. The Cold – image reflects the low temperatures. For example (but not limited to): animals and birds in the cold; cold weather sports or other human activities, including winter portraits; outdoor winter scenes (including Christmas or other winter religious celebrations); rural or urban landscape, astrophotography, seascapes, cityscapes; close-ups of snowflakes, ice bubbles, etc; winter leaves of plants, trees, etc.; frozen elements such as frozen ponds or icebergs; cold weather phenomenon such as the northern lights; winter transportation such as sleds, snowmobiles, etc.
2. Man-made Structures/Objects– images of any man-made object, buildings, transportation (air, land, see a, or space), still-life, rural and city landscapes. Images may contain the hand of man.
3. Culinary – an image that relates to the preparation, cooking, presentation, serving, and/or consumption of food. Locations could include (but are not limited to) restaurants, street markets, picnics, kitchens, banquets, weddings, homes, and food Images could be of the food itself, the persons creating the food, the utensils used, and /or the persons enjoying the food.
4. Active Seniors – According to American feminist Betty Friedan “aging is not lost youth but a new stage of opportunity and strength.” For this Theme, we are seeking images that express the experience and benefits of an aging-friendly community. All images should focus on seniors from all walks of life and lifestyles. Some suggestions: portraits of seniors; celebrations with family; seniors and their pets; senior artists and artisans and crafts-persons; celebrations and/or sports.
5. Nature/Wildlife – image(s) of subjects such as amphibians, insects, marine life, reptiles, wild or domesticated animals or birds, etc. This category also includes botanical, insect, and subjects. Domesticated animals and birds are permitted in this theme. Hand-of-man is permitted.
Open Editing – All in-camera, on-camera, and post-processing techniques are permitted. all components of the final image must have been taken by the entrant. Sky replacement is only permitted if the replacement sky was captured by the same photographer submitting the image for this competition. Images that are created totally electronically with no photographic origin are prohibited from this competition. Colour or black & white or monochrome images are permitted.No frames or borders are permitted in this competition.